i’m spending nearly all my “Free” time doing things like -
(1) math puzzles
(2) crossword puzzles
(3) timed word searches
(4) listening to spanish audio books, learning spanish words by flashcard practice, watching spanish movies, watching english movies while reading the spanish subtitles
(5) doing writing exercises and reading about writing methods, development, etc
(6) thinking of trajectories of certain things in the main book that I am writing right now (only done at nighttime when i am trying to fall asleep)
(7) researching natural products, natural way to make things (I am currently making my own toothpaste, utilizing Oil Pulling, and will begin making my own shampoo and conditioner once my current bottles run out)
(8) practicing all sorts of shit with my left hand (non-dominant) to develop ambidextrous traits/strengthen parts of my brain/practice duality
(9) reading. I have to read at least two chapters of “fun” a day.
(10) listening to english lectures by terrance mckenna about consciousness, drugs, etc
(11) watching netflix documentaries and speeches about a variety of topics (this is only done when I am doing human things like cleaning my room, folding laundry, etc)
I am using it to actually learn some stuff, as opposed to spending it sleeping or browsing pointless shit for hours
Mario told me something I completely agree with today,
He said that if you do not have structure in your life then you will, inevitably, act to temporarily pleasure your brain because that it what your brain naturally reduces to when it is not provided with a habit (aka structure).
Essentially - he means that if you don’t have a schedule set for the day (doesn’t have to be nazi rigid) or just a general day-to-day schedule that helps you step forward to your main goals (i.e. get up at 6, shower, breakfast, research, study, work, research, etc) then you will end up doing shit like gaming, facebooking, tumblring, etc.
I feel like I have not had structure for YEARS. Not until this past week.
I love having a list of daily shit I WANT to do (like Spanish! Brain teasers! Writing practice!) because, even though it’s been only about a week, my day already feels like something is missing if I don’t fill the evening up with brain activities.
In terms of the cold-shower challenge, today was day 5 :-) It’s going by fast.